Our Scope of Practice
Midwifery encompasses a full range of primary health care services for women from adolescence to beyond menopause.
High Desert Midwives offer:
Individualized & complete prenatal, birth and postpartum care
Support & encouraging women's autonomy & choices
VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean)
Comprehensive lab work
Referrals for ultrasounds
Herbal and natural remedies
Dedicated Breastfeeding Assistance with home visits as needed
Co-management with physician for complicated pregnancies
Cost and investment of your care with High Desert Midwifery:
- Fee of $4000. (does not include lab testing, ultrasounds or consultations with other providers)
- Sliding scale fee for those in need-inquire for further info
- High Desert Midwifery's fee is collected up front throughout your care. Payment plans available.
- After your birth, a claim is then submitted to your insurance, if applicable
- You must be paid-in-full by the 37th week of pregnancy for us to attend your birth
- Non-refundable deposit/retainer fee of $400 due at your initial appointment, applied towards fee
- $150 travel expenses outside of Abq city limits (we travel within 1 1/2 hours of Abq)
- Birthing tubs with full set-up, including clean-up available for rent
- High Desert Midwives are available 24/7
We also offer:
Montrice Doula Services for women choosing to birth in hospital
(contact us for more information)
"A woman in harmony with her spirit
is like a river flowing.
She goes where she will without pretense
and arrives at her destination,
prepared to be herself
and only herself"